Beach Camp Manhattan Beach
Join us at Beach Camp for a week-long journey of sun, surf and smiles! Starting at age 4, our camp is designed to be the perfect introduction to the beach for our younger campers. Developed in collaboration with local elementary school teachers and lifeguards, BeachSports Beach Camp is designed to ensure an inclusive, safe, educational and FUN experience for our campers!
Throughout the week, campers will be immersed in a range of exciting beach and water activities along with carefully crafted games and ocean safety lessons tailored specifically for their age group. From understanding rip tides, currents and wave formation to mastering whitewater boogie boarding and exploring beach ecology, our campers will be engaged in both learning and play.
At Beach Camp, we’ve created an environment where every day is an opportunity for campers to learn, grow and create lasting memories on the beach.
When is it?
Who can join?
Minnows | Ages 4 to 6
Dolphins | Ages 7 to 10
Campers are split into groups based on age to ensure camp activities are safe, fun and developmentally appropriate for each of our campers.
No swimming or ocean experience required
Where is it?
Manhattan Beach @ 6th St.
6th St. & Ocean Dr.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Coach Ratio: Dolphins 1:6 / Minnows 1:5
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to the 6th St. LA County Lifeguard station.
- Lifeguards: Our Coaches communicate daily with lifeguards about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
Camp Activities & Lessons
- Age Appropriate & Inclusive Beach Games
- Ocean Safety Lessons (Rip tides, currents, waves, etc.)
- Boogie Boarding & Body Surfing
- Ecology Lessons (ex. Our impact on the beaches and oceans)
- Meet the Lifeguards
Sample Beach Camp Schedule
- 8:45-9:00AM | Camper valet style drop-off @ 6th St. & Ocean Dr.
- 9:00-9:15AM | Introduction, Warm-up, Outline the day
- 9:15AM-9:30AM | Camp & Ocean Safety Review + Sunscreen Check
- 9:30-10:00AM | Beach Activity #1
- 10:00-10:45AM | Water Activity #1
- 10:45-11:00AM | Snack + Shade + Sunscreen
- 11:00-11:30PM | Beach Activity #2
- 11:30-12:00PM | Water Activity #2
- 12:00-12:30PM | Lunch + Shade + Sunscreen
- 12:30-1:00PM | Beach Activity #3
- 1:00-1:45PM | Water Activity #3
- 1:45-2:00PM | Recap the day + Trash Pick-up + Walk to pick-up spot
*Schedule will vary based on weather/ocean conditions. Warm + Small waves = increased water time. Cold + Dangerous waves = increased beach activities and lessons
Sign Up For Camp!
Fees & Schedule
9AM – 2PM
$525 per week
Extended Day | 2PM – 4PM
$125 per week
*Extended Day not available for Minnows
Early Drop-Off | 8:15AM – 9AM
$60 per week
FAQ: Online Registration
Groups: What are Groups?
During registration you will be asked to choose a Group. We break our camps into groups (ex. A, B, C, D) with a limited number of spots available in each group. These small groups ensure an ultra safe and personalized learning environment with very low instructor to participant ratios. If you are enrolling with friends or family and want to participate in activities together, make sure to sign up for the same Group during registration.
Session Options: Extended Day & Early Drop-Off
Session Options / Extended Day + Early Drop-Off
Extended Day (9AM-4PM) and Early Drop-Off (8:15AM) can be added to your registration during checkout. Please keep in mind Extended Day, open to ages 7+, is a long day at the beach and may be too much for some campers. Extended Day programming will consist of a variety of age appropriate beach games and water activities with opportunities for kids to relax in the shade at their discretion.
If the program you're enrolling in is sold out, you will see the option to join the waitlist. There is no charge to join the waitlist so we encourage you to join even if you've found an alternative program for that week. Our waitlist is automated so as soon as a cancellation is processed you will receive an email asking if you'd like to join. If you'd like to join, you simply click "yes" and follow the steps for registration. Click "no" and the next person on the waitlist will be notified of the opening. Feel free to Contact Us anytime to check your place on the waitlist or see if there is space in another Group or program.
Rashguard / Sunshirts
BeachSports provides one rashguard/sunshirt per summer which will be provided on your first day and is to be worn to camp daily. Additional rashguards are available for purchase during registration or at our Online Store.
Upon completion of your online registration you will receive an email with information specific to your program as well as a purchase receipt for your records. You will also receive a detailed reminder email the week prior to your camp start date. Additional information can be found in our online guide here: Camp Information for Registered Campers
During registration you will have the option to purchase various products. Depending on the product, it may be shipped to your home or delivered to you on the first day of camp. Delivery options will be specified in the product description.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Click Here to view our Cancellation and Refund Policy for 2024. You will also be able to view and agree to this and other policies during registration.