SKATEBOARD CAMP Manhattan Beach
Learn to skateboard or take your skating to the next level at our Skate Camp in Manhattan Beach! Our Summer Camp is held at American Martyrs School and is open to boys and girls, with or without skating experience, from age 5 to 14. Our coaches will provide beginner to advanced level instruction starting from the very basic, getting from A to B, to intermediate and advanced tricks including ollies, flip tricks, grinds, ramp skating and much more!
We use an assortment of mobile skate ramps and rails to create a different skatepark experience each day providing campers the opportunity to learn and practice a variety of skills. Ramps include fun boxes, quarter pipes, half pipes, launch ramps and rails.
Safety is our number one priority. All campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and closed toe shoes. Our coaches are First-Aid & CPR Certified and enforce strict safety rules. They are also very talented skateboarders with a lot of knowledge to share with their campers! Don’t have pads or a skateboard? No worries! We have some you can use.
When is it?
2023 Camp Dates:
June 12th – August 25th
9AM-12PM or 9AM-2PM
Monday – Friday
Who can join?
Ages 5 to 14
No experience necessary
Become a BeachSports Coach or Coach in Training. Learn More!
Where is it?
American Martyrs School
Top Level of the Parking Structure
1465 Deegan Pl.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Coach Ratio: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Pads: Campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow and knee pads at all times
- Location: Camp is held in a private enclosed parking garage
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided for full day campers to escape sun exposure.
What To Bring
- Pads: Helmet, Knee & Elbow Pads (wrist guards recommended)
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Refillable Water Bottle
Don’t have pads or a skateboard? No worries! We have extra on site.
Sample Skate Camp Schedule
- 8:45-9:00AM | Camper drop-off
- 9:00-9:30AM | Introduction, Warm-up, Review Camp Rules + Safety
- 9:30AM-10:30AM | Skate Instruction* (Campers divided based on experience)
- 10:30-10:45AM | Snack + Water + Sunscreen + Coach Demo
- 10:45-12:00PM | Skate Instruction*
- 12:00-12:30PM | Lunch + Shade + Sunscreen + “About Skating” lessons**
- 12:30-1:50PM | Skate Instruction*
- 1:55PM-2:00PM | Recap the day + Establish goals for tomorrow
*Skate Instruction: Campers will be divided into groups based on experience and will rotate through various sections of our Skatepark to practice different skills (ramp skating, rail tricks, flat ground skills, flip tricks, etc.)
**About Skating – these lessons cover topics about skateboarding, such as how skateboards are made, different types of ramps, skatepark ettiquette, etc.
Camp Registration + Fees
9AM-12PM$385 per week
Extended Day | 9AM-2PM$475 per week
*Extended Day and Early-Drop Off can be added during checkout.
After clicking the “Sign Up!” button below, you will be transferred to our registration page hosted by Sawyer. Follow the steps from there to complete registration.
Prorated Camp Dates
To accommodate the MBUSD calendar and the July 4th holiday, the following dates can be reserved without attending the full week of camp:
July 3, 5, 6, 7
August 21, 22