SKATEBOARD CAMP Hermosa Beach
Learn to skateboard or take your skating to the next level at our Skate Camp at the Hermosa Beach Skatepark! Our Summer Camp is open to boys and girls, with or without skating experience, from age 5 to 12. Campers will have exclusive use of the Skate Park to learn and practice their skills! Our coaches will provide beginner to advanced level instruction starting from the very basic, getting from A to B, to intermediate and advanced tricks including ollies, flip tricks, grinds, ramp skating and much more!
Safety is our number one priority. All campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads and closed toe shoes. Our coaches are First-Aid & CPR Certified and enforce strict safety rules. They are also very talented skateboarders with a lot of knowledge to share with their campers! Don’t have pads or a skateboard? No worries! We have some you can use.
When is it?
2023 Camp Dates:
June 26th – August 24th
Monday – Friday
Who can join?
Ages 5 to 14
No experience necessary
Become a BeachSports Coach or Coach in Training. Learn More!
Where is it?
Hermosa Beach Skatepark
710 Pier Ave.
Hermosa Beach, CA 90245
- Coach Ratio: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Pads: Campers are required to wear a helmet, elbow and knee pads at all times
- Location: The skatepark is closed to the public during camp hours and is completely enclosed.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided for full day campers to escape sun exposure.
What To Bring
- Pads: Helmet, Knee & Elbow Pads (wrist guards recommended)
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Refillable Water Bottle
Don’t have pads or a skateboard? No worries! We have extra on site.
Sample Skate Camp Schedule
- 8:45-9:00AM | Camper drop-off
- 9:00-9:30AM | Introduction, Warm-up, Review Camp Rules + Safety
- 9:30AM-10:30AM | Skate Instruction* (Campers divided based on experience)
- 10:30-10:45AM | Snack + Water + Sunscreen + “About Skating” lessons**
- 10:45-11:55PM | Skate Instruction*
- 11:55-12:00PM | Recap the day + Establish goals for tomorrow
*Skate Instruction: Campers will be divided into groups based on experience and will rotate through various sections of the Skatepark to practice different skills (ramp skating, rail tricks, flat ground skills, flip tricks, etc.)
**About Skating – these lessons cover topics about skateboarding, such as how skateboards are made, different types of ramps, skatepark ettiquette, etc.
Camp Registration + Fees
$395 per week
Price includes 10% fee charged by the City of HB
Registration for our Hermosa Beach Camps is handled by the City of Hermosa Beach. After selecting your first camp week below, you will be transferred to the city’s registration page to complete your registration.
Select Your Camp Week
*No Camp July 4th. That week is prorated.
*School resumes August 24th so no Camp August 24-25. That week is prorated.
For assistance with registration, please call 310.318.0280 or email email@example.com.
Is Skateboard Camp not the right fit? View other Camp options:
Beach Camp | Surf Camp | Volleyball Camp | Jr. Lifeguard Camp