VOLLEYBALL CAMP Manhattan Beach
Learn and practice the fundamentals of Beach Volleyball with experienced local coaches. Starting at Age 7, our Volleyball Camp provides beginner training in passing, hitting, serving, rotation and rules of the game. Our small camp size and low coach to camper ratio ensure quality instruction and focus on each participant.
Manhattan Beach is the “Home of Beach Volleyball” so what better place to learn the game than right in the heart of it on the north side of the pier. It’s not uncommon to see AVP professionals training on the court next to our camp, especially when the tournament is in town!
When is it?
Who can join?
Ages 7 to 14
No experience necessary
Become a BeachSports Coach or Coach in Training. Learn More!
Where is it?
Manhattan Beach @ 15th St.
15th St. & Ocean Dr.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
Camp Activities & Instruction
- Beginner to Intermediate Volleyball Instruction
- Serving, Setting & Hitting Drills
- Practice Matches
- Volleyball Exercise Drills
Extended Day | 12PM-2PM Schedule
Volleyball instruction ends at 12PM & Campers enjoy Beach Camp activities
- Boogie Boarding & Body Surfing
- Age Appropriate & Inclusive Beach Games
- Ocean Safety Lessons (Rip tides, currents, waves, etc.)
- Meet the Lifeguards
- Coach Ratio: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to a staffed LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
Sample Volleyball Camp Schedule
- 8:45-9:00AM | Camper valet style drop-off
- 9:00-9:30AM | Introduction, Warm-up, Stretch
- 9:30AM-10:30AM | Volleyball Lessons/Drills*
- 10:30-10:45AM | Snack + Water + Sunscreen
- 10:45-11:15PM | Volleyball Lessons/Drills*
- 11:15-12:00PM | Practice Matches
- 12:00-12:30PM | Lunch + Shade + Sunscreen | Half Day campers are picked Up.
- 12:30-1:45PM | Boogie boarding, water time, beach games
- 1:45PM-2:00PM | Recap the day + Trash Pick-up + Walk to pick-up spot
*Volleyball Lessons/Drills include basic and technical instruction on passing, hitting, serving, rotation, etc. The week will start with basic instruction and will become more advanced as the week progresses.
Camp Registration + Fees
9AM-12PM$395 per week
Extended Day | 9AM-2PM$495 per week
*Extended Day and Early Drop-Off can be added during registration.
After selecting the “Sign Up!” button below, you will be transferred to our registration page hosted by Sawyer. Follow the steps from there to complete registration.
Prorated Camp Dates
To accommodate the MBUSD calendar and the July 4th holiday, the following dates can be reserved without attending the full week of camp:
July 3, 5, 6, 7
August 21, 22
Is Volleyball Camp not the right fit? View other Camp options:
Beach Camp | Surf Camp | Junior Lifeguard Camp | Skateboard Camp