VOLLEYBALL CAMP Manhattan Beach
Learn and practice the fundamentals of Beach Volleyball with experienced local coaches. Starting at Age 7, our Volleyball Camp provides beginner training in passing, hitting, serving, rotation and rules of the game. Our small camp size and low coach-to-camper ratio (1:6) allows for a genuine learning experience allowing every participant to get the attention they deserve to fine-tune their skills in a supportive environment.
Beyond the court, campers engage in age-appropriate beach games and water time, offering a perfect balance of volleyball excitement and ocean fun.
At volleyball camp, we’ve created a space where kids can freely ask questions, work on their skills, dive into healthy competition, and soak up all the knowledge in a safe and fun environment.
When is it?
Who can join?
Ages 7 to 14
No experience necessary
Become a BeachSports Coach or Coach in Training. Learn More!
Where is it?
Manhattan Beach @ 13th St.
13th St. & Ocean Dr.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Coach Ratio: 1:6
- All Coaches: CPR & First-Aid Certified and Background Checked
- Location: Camp is setup next to a staffed LA County Lifeguard station. Coaches and Lifeguards communicate daily about ocean conditions and coaches always defer to lifeguards on safety matters.
- Rashguards: All campers receive brightly colored SPF rashguards so they are easily identified by coaches and lifeguards.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen reapplication breaks are scheduled multiple times throughout the day. Shade tents are provided on the beach for all day campers to escape sun exposure.
Camp Activities & Instruction
- Beginner to Intermediate Volleyball Instruction
- Serving, Setting & Hitting Drills
- Practice Matches
- Volleyball Fitness Drills
- Age Appropriate Beach Games & Water Activities
- Ocean Awareness Lessons and How to Navigate Dangerous Ocean Situations.
Sample Volleyball Camp Schedule
- 8:45-9:00AM | Camper valet style drop-off
- 9:00-9:30AM | Introduction, Warm-up, Stretch
- 9:30AM-10:30AM | Volleyball Lessons/Drills*
- 10:30-10:45AM | Snack + Water + Sunscreen
- 10:45-11:15PM | Volleyball Lessons/Drills*
- 11:15-12:00PM | Practice Matches
- 12:00-12:30PM | Lunch + Shade + Sunscreen | Half Day campers are picked Up.
- 12:30-1:45PM | Boogie boarding, water time, beach games
- 1:45PM-2:00PM | Recap the day + Trash Pick-up + Walk to pick-up spot
*Volleyball Lessons/Drills include basic and technical instruction on passing, hitting, serving, rotation, etc. The week will start with basic instruction and will become more advanced as the week progresses.
Sign Up For Camp!
Fees & Schedule
9AM – 2PM
$525 per week
Extended Day | 2PM – 4PM
$125 per week
Early Drop-Off | 8:15AM – 9AM
$60 per week
FAQ: Online Registration
Groups: What are Groups?
During registration you will be asked to choose a Group. We break our camps into groups (ex. A, B, C, D) with a limited number of spots available in each group. These small groups ensure an ultra safe and personalized learning environment with very low instructor to participant ratios. If you are enrolling with friends or family and want to participate in activities together, make sure to sign up for the same Group during registration.
Session Options: Extended Day & Early Drop-Off
Session Options / Extended Day + Early Drop-Off
Extended Day (9AM-4PM) and Early Drop-Off (8:15AM) can be added to your registration during checkout. Please keep in mind Extended Day, open to ages 7+, is a long day at the beach and may be too much for some campers. Extended Day programming will consist of a variety of age appropriate beach games and water activities with opportunities for kids to relax in the shade at their discretion.
If the program you're enrolling in is sold out, you will see the option to join the waitlist. There is no charge to join the waitlist so we encourage you to join even if you've found an alternative program for that week. Our waitlist is automated so as soon as a cancellation is processed you will receive an email asking if you'd like to join. If you'd like to join, you simply click "yes" and follow the steps for registration. Click "no" and the next person on the waitlist will be notified of the opening. Feel free to Contact Us anytime to check your place on the waitlist or see if there is space in another Group or program.
Rashguard / Sunshirts
BeachSports provides one rashguard/sunshirt per summer which will be provided on your first day and is to be worn to camp daily. Additional rashguards are available for purchase during registration or at our Online Store.
Upon completion of your online registration you will receive an email with information specific to your program as well as a purchase receipt for your records. You will also receive a detailed reminder email the week prior to your camp start date. Additional information can be found in our online guide here: Camp Information for Registered Campers
During registration you will have the option to purchase various products. Depending on the product, it may be shipped to your home or delivered to you on the first day of camp. Delivery options will be specified in the product description.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Click Here to view our Cancellation and Refund Policy for 2024. You will also be able to view and agree to this and other policies during registration.